The story of dyes. Levels 3 and 4
Achievement Objectives - Whāinga Paetae: Te Weu me te Aka
3.2 & 4.2 Relate the properties of a range of substances to their technological uses and natural properties. Te Marautanga o Aotearoa: (p.100-101) Ō Kawekawe, Te Whakamahi Pūmatū. Te Weu 2. Te Aka 2.
I will be able to:
- name a plant or animal that is used as a dye
- explain how this dye is prepared
- present my ideas clearly
- share my ideas with others.
|Success criteria||Self-assessment||Peer assessment||Teacher assessment|
|I can name a plant or animal that is used as a dye.|
|I can explain how this dye is prepared.|
|I can present my ideas clearly.|
|I can share my ideas with others.|
Present a report about natural dyes. Find out how the dyes are made, which indigenous people developed these dyes and how the dyes were used.
For more information on natural dyes and their history see:
- Dye used as moko. Levels 3 and 4
- h https://ourpastimes.com/the-history-of-fabric-dyes-12215773.html